Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
GardenGal
#106 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:09:08 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

August has been good for us.    

--
cv quilter
#107 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:53:52 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Yes it has, GG.  We were on a roll.  Challenged and I think all involved will keep it up.  I know I will  Awesome progress in my sewingn room.  Thanks.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
loveslife
#108 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:39:40 AM(UTC)
loveslife

I didn't step a toe in my sewing room today, (my day 5) but I did throw in a quick order at equilter. Since I am going to go up there to deliver that quilt, I might as well be picking up an order while I'm there, right? I love it when I do that. It's so efficient!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
cv quilter
#109 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:19:16 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: loveslife Go to Quoted Post
I didn't step a toe in my sewing room today, (my day 5) but I did throw in a quick order at equilter. Since I am going to go up there to deliver that quilt, I might as well be picking up an order while I'm there, right? I love it when I do that. It's so efficient!

Karen
  Great thinking, Karen.

Sharon
loveslife
#110 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:53:08 PM(UTC)
loveslife

Thanks Sharon! bigGrin
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Chelle
#111 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:31:24 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I am planning to get some best friend days in this weekend :)

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
cv quilter
#112 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:01:53 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I have lost track of what day it is in the BF challenge, buy my progress continues.   Had some commitments today, but this morning (7:00 or so)  I found a little bit of time to pull out three fabrics I had used in Jann's MQ and found that I had just enough of three of them to make two burrito/sausage pillow cases to go on the bed with the quilt.  This is good...I only had a small amount of each of the three fabrics, didn't know what I'd do with them, and now they have been transformed.   Things are looking good in my sewing room.

Sharon
Teatime
#113 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 8:11:24 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Day #7 for me. Well I am defiantly my own best friend. I ordered several 1/2 yard fabrics to add to 3 quilts. All of them are in some stage of planning/execution. Blue and orange, red and cream and I won 4 blocks at my LQG of fruits and veggie blocks. Sew cute - but I need more - Missouri Star has $2 shipping today - so I bought myself a present.

This week end I have 2 missions: Sandwich my wall hanging UFO (from August UFO challenge - I missed the deadline ) and borders on a gift quilt. Should be a busy holiday week-end - but I hope to find time in my sewing room.

Marian
GardenGal
#114 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 8:34:04 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

WOW WOW WOW  What a wonderful month August was!   I saw so much done at my house and read about how much many of you tackled.  

Congrats to all of you that got up and made things happen!!!!!  Hoping it made you happy and motivated.

hugs, 

gg

--
cv quilter
#115 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 1:44:21 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thanks GG for motivating us with this Challenge.  It really feels good to see any progress in my room with organizing and using stash, cleaning and generally getting things done.  I'm still in and want to see what September brings.

Sharon
Teatime
#116 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 3:09:48 PM(UTC)
Teatime

What fun GG! Thanks for the motivation. I find I am putting that little pile of leftover fabric away - right away - instead the bits and pieces hanging around my sewing table forever. Declutter as you go. My new motto. 

Marian
cv quilter
#117 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2018 5:24:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: Teatime Go to Quoted Post

What fun GG! Thanks for the motivation. I find I am putting that little pile of leftover fabric away - right away - instead the bits and pieces hanging around my sewing table forever. Declutter as you go. My new motto. 

Marian, this is where I am finding myself!  GG mentioned that she found herself getting up to put a thread up she wasn't using, and that's what I'm doing.  Every little bit helps.

Sharon
Chelle
#118 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 4:19:24 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Day 9 or 10?  I did little spurts of things between taking care of my back.. I fused some snowflakes onto quilt and it is now on the frame ready to be quilted.  I started my Halloween mug rug idea.  At this time thats all I may do for the day, but after a nap I may decide to start tracing for wool projects, do a little crocheting, or may move further on the mug rug.  Just happy I made some progress today.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
cv quilter
#119 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2018 7:25:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Continuing...what a mess I had in my sewing room, but I have made BBB blocks and Pat Sloan Let's Go Camping Block #8 and have used up MORE of my stash, and my sewing room is neat and tidy.  Sure hope I can continue my momentum!

Sharon
cindynvb
#120 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:10:54 AM(UTC)
cindynvb

I lost track of my progress but continue to make progress on this on my days off.  Sometimes I even do a little something before work. Thanks to GG for this great challenge.

I highly recommend the bookl by Dana K White, Decluttering at the speed of life. I borrowed the audio version from my local library. It was a great motivatior and love her method of making progress every time, not a bigger mess.

I will continue to clean and organize my sewing space until it's done.

cv quilter
#121 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 5:38:39 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I'd kind of lost my progress...not that I wanted to..  BUT, my progress has finally begun to resume.  I am still working on my BBB blocks and have also begun to work on the Halloween Mug Rugs.   Addicting!  I have made one and working on two more, using up bits and pieces of my Halloween fabric.  I have been stalled for a bit in my room due to the return of an issue I have with my right eye.  Working with an opthalmologist to resolve, but I find it easier to work on the MRs than on the BBB (I have ten done, need two more).  I must admit that I have left my cutting tables a mess today because my eyes just plain got tired.  Tomorrow is another day.  Need to clean it up again and put some of the fabrics not used away.

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed