Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

75 Pages«<737475
Chelle
#1555 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:27:13 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Oh I love TSC!  Yesterday pretty much nothing happened in my sewing room. In the morning I got opinions from the ladies in chat about fabric I pulled for a quilt.  Before bed I got two of the fabrics pressed.  That was it.  I hope today is more productive.  Have a doctor appt in the morning and physical therapy in the afternoon.  Hope to at least cut fabric for a quilt.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
cv quilter
#1556 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:49:17 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Chelle, good for you!  Stepping out of the box!!

I'm cutting the borders for the Bear Paw quilt and will sew them on today.  Will get the backing cut to size, then maybe sandwich it.

I have a quilt as you go class coming up at my local BabyLock center.  I made 4- 9 patch blocks out of a charm pack and cut the backing and batting for that project.  It's all ready to be packed up.  Just going to be a scrappy table topper.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
monalee
#1557 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:56:58 PM(UTC)
monalee

I got Ellie’s blocks all done and sewn into rows. Tonight I will cut the wood grain fabric and build a bookcase. I am hopeful it’s finished by Nov 28 her birthday. I also have a boot wall hanging someone ordered. Will finish borders tonight and then quilt. Worked on both before work, wind was roaring and kept me awake.
Nancy_MN
#1558 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:57:37 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

I'm having fun with paper, pencil, and scissors. I'm making a full size paper mock-up of my bench pillow for the swap. I'm trying to adapt a picture i found online with a wall hanging pattern and make it work for an 16" x 38" bench pillow. We'll see how it goes....
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Brenda
#1559 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:27:18 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Sounds like it is going well Nancy, good luck

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

GardenGal
#1560 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:08:25 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

We go to Tractor Supply about twice a month.  :D   I enjoy the trips and love it when we have a coupon.  

Today was all about wool..  I worked on my hanger and should have it finished tomorrow and ready to mail by Friday.  :D   Unless I finish it on the couch tonight and then I could possibly mail it tomorrow... man that'd be swell because I'd be ready to get lost in the FOREST.  ;)

gg

--
GloBug
#1561 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:38:42 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Today I got the Star Wars quilt sandwiched...now onto the quilting process...yay!

Also worked on some Halloween blocks...yes, yes, I know we're past Halloween but there's always next year, lol!!  Thanks to LB who gifted me the Halloween crazy blocks.  I'm adding just a few more blocks to make a nice size lap quilt that my grandson will be able to use during his childhood years.  

I'm also making/trimming (180) 3" HST's for Brenna's modern quilt.

Then after Thanksgiving, I plan to dig into my Forest Friends kit to start making those adorable blocks...again, a future quilt for my grandson's "big boy" bed which will arrive by the time I finish this quilt, lol!!  (I'm so slow at making blocks and quilt tops).

cv quilter
#1562 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 5:02:26 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

I got all the borders on my Bear Paw Quilt Top!  Awesome.  Sew glad when Fred comes in and discusses with me what he thinks the fabric and size of the borders should be.  I had a pretty, but dark brown, picked out for the border (also the fabric that I have already made the binding with), and I was going for a 5 inch wide, but he looked at it and said he thought only 4 inches, then said he thought it should be a lighter shade like some of the lighter colors in the blocks.  I found a perfect fabric, which Fred agreed would be much better than my original plan.  I AGREE 100%.  Fred has such a wonderful sense for this.  What do you think?  I've tried to get him to quilt, but he prefers woodworking...however is always available to give me good advice/suggestions (OK>>>don't tell him, but once in a while he misses).  BTW, he REALLY likes this quilt, but understands that I have it earmarked for our oldest son for Christmas.  He said he loves the block pattern and the colors and that Ken will love it.  Said it's one of the prettiest I've ever put together.  I might have to make another one on my own just for him. 

Sharon
Bonita
#1563 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:45:52 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Sharon, Your paws are wonderful. So nice to have a someone with a good eye to help out. 

Bonita
cv quilter
#1564 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:39:32 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Bonita and all...my Paws are beautiful and wonderful because of all the work each one of you put into your blocks.  You know, I don't think I could ever produce a quilt this beautiful all by myself.  That's what is sew fabulous about a swap like this.  For those who never participate in a swap, you should REALLY consider it in the future.  Thank you to all of you who's blocks are in this quilt.

Sharon
Rss Feed  Atom Feed