Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
stitchintime
#85 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 12:18:35 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Actually, I am not avoiding carbs, Nancy. I do eat some whole grain pasta and breads, grains, potatoes (mostly sweet potatoes due to food allergies). Carbs actually get a bad rap. Fruits and veggies do contain carbohydrates. The body converts carbs to glucose, then insulin directs that glucose into your cells for energy. It is the way our bodies are designed to work. The fiber in fruits and vegetables help slow that release of glucose into the system unlike fructose (sugar) and most processed foods which send a high spike to the body. That being said, it isn't like I am eating grains and higher carb veggies at every meal.

I so totally agree with about the calcium. You can actually get plenty of calcium, vitamin c and most nutrients from plants (the exception is B12). It was harder giving up the cheese than the milk...lol
Barb
Chelle
#86 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:02:25 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Oh it would be hard for me to give up cheese.  

I was bad this weekend, I dont know how it is I can go all week eating right and weekends come and forgetaboutit.  I did tell Rick we gotta get serious, that I will cook and he will eat what I make, he said ok.  He actually didn't argue when we had caeser salad with chicken last night.  So now to find more new recipes to try that we may like.

I know I need to start walking more.  Right now I am trying to find the allergy medication that is going to work for me this year.  It took 2 hours for todays meds to kick in and I will keep track of how long it lasts (it says 24 hours, it didnt last that long yesterday).  

I need to take some time to write more in my quote journal, that helps me relax and think about the next small improvements to make in my life.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Quiltbaby
#87 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 7:46:45 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

So no posts to this thread in awhile. How is everyone doing with whatever? I came across this fabulous Dr. on Utube. He lives In Tennesee. Her is a link to just one of his videos. He has over 150. He is on a mission to stamp out Diabetes type 2 and help people to become healthier. Wished I lived closer. He’s great. I have had so much success after finding him. Looking forward to getting better and better. My Dr approves.
https://youtu.be/qQQ2nwXIqzs Give a look if your sick and tired about being sick and tired. Find a video on his channel that answers what your looking for. He speaks in layman’s terms, down to earth. Not selling anything.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Chelle
#88 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 10:26:02 PM(UTC)
Chelle

When I weighed in last week I was down over 25 pounds.  I am working on other aspects of a better me as well.  I need to find and write more quotes in my quote journal.  

Brenda
#89 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 10:40:46 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Chelle that is fantastic.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Brenda
#90 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 10:41:20 PM(UTC)
Brenda

My weight keeps bouncing up and down.  I wish my doctor would leave me medications alone it is really getting hard to loose and balance them at the same time.

Brenda

Quiltbaby
#91 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:35:03 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Great work Chelle! Bravo keep it up Girl. You still on Keto?

Candis
Chelle
#92 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:11:14 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Yes, still eating keto way though occassionally (a meal or a day) eat things not keto.  Sometimes a person wants popcorn, a drink or pizza.  I am proud of DH he is on board with it and one day he freaked because he and Christian went to breakfast and he ate a bite or two of pancake and hashbrown. As soon as he realized it he quit.  I told him that's awesome, because in the past we would be like "well whats done is done may as well eat the whole thing".  

I am not hungry and I would have energy if my cats would stop waking me up in the middle of the night because they miss me lol.  After retreat i decided to not make my cookies or donuts for a while.  I know almond and coconut flour are acceptable but my loss slowed down while eating them.

Quiltbaby
#93 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:45:59 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Good for you, any change is good . Sounds like your doing well.

Candis
Brenda
#94 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:09:38 PM(UTC)
Brenda

After reading all the great posts yesterday I decided I need to shake off my problems and just breath.

Today I decided not to eat what hubby wants for breakfast but what I NEED, a nice protein breakfast.

Brenda

cv quilter
#95 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:16:52 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Congrats on the big 25 pound weight loss, Chelle.   Sounds like you are very committed.  No harm in breaking the routine ''once in a while".  

Brenda, you sound like you are doing what is good for you.  Protein is a great way to start your day.  Unfortunately, I don't follow what is good for me a lot of the time.  I did read up some and watch a couple of YouTube videos about Keto. 

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Brenda
#96 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:09:45 PM(UTC)
Brenda

well this week my weight shot up another 5 pounds I just want to give up and just cound protein cut back on the fruits and call it a day 

Brenda

mimi2jefftye
#97 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 11:48:21 AM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

I have been so bad getting back into the swing of a better me......letting day to day stress get to me in ways that are not healthy.  I am an emotional eater and when things get stressful I tend to "hibernate" away from others.  

So today I promised myself that each day I am going to try something new, whether it be go for a walk, a bike ride, try a healthy snack option, or just be outside and play in the dirt.  I think if I approach this on a more simple level I will be able to think of it as a fun time and not "EXERCISE and DIETING".

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Brenda
#98 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 11:52:36 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Sally I think that is a great way to do it.  I think if you do not mind I am going to join you in this venture.

Brenda

frankied
#99 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 1:01:03 AM(UTC)
frankied

Ive not been good although i do lots of walking at work, i had been exercising as well at home but since sister and brother in law were away for two weeks it was the ideal time to decorate the sewing room, so ive been painting rather than exercising, next week back to exercising :-)

Lots of love

Francesxx

Brenda
#100 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 9:18:36 PM(UTC)
Brenda

The last week went really well.  Net week we will not have the grands everyday so my husband and I can start walking in the morning again before it gets to hot.  I am going to start slow because my husband is still not 100% and a little dizzy at times.

Brenda

Rss Feed  Atom Feed