Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<91011
loveslife
#211 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 7:27:46 PM(UTC)
loveslife

Originally Posted by: GardenGal Go to Quoted Post
<p>I hit a no loss 4 day run but was able to show a loss on the 5th day. &nbsp; Hoping tomorrow to see a new lower number. &nbsp;</p>
<p>Karen, if I could get in that much exercise, I know I'd lose faster. You go girl.</p>
<p>Like you I have that window that I will not eat anything.. even a carrot...&nbsp; After dinner I stop eating and can only have calorie free drinks ( water or tea ). &nbsp; I won't eat anything until 9 a.m. &nbsp; It works for me.. even if I am hungry at 8, I know I'll eat in an hour.</p>
<p>I wish I only needed to lose 10 more but I still need to drop 20. &nbsp;</p>
<p>:)</p>
<p>gg</p>

Oh, GG, that 10 is just my first goal. I still need to lose about 20 after that!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Chelle
#212 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:59:51 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Ok so today I filled a lot of baggies with candy and a toy... even though there were 100 Grand candy bars (one of my favorite) I wasn't even tempted to have one :). woohoo. 

Also, pushing myself out of my comfort zone I said I would do this Bazaar on Saturday.  Even though I am very nervous I plan to go and see what happens.  So even if I say I don't think I will go (which I have in chat), I am pushing myself to do it.  If things don't sell it just means I get to keep some things and gift others for Christmas :D

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
mimi2jefftye
#213 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:52:07 AM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Even after retreat I still can post that I lost 8lbs last month and a total of 4.5 inches smaller.  It may not be coming off as fast as I would like (you know like overnight), but it is coming off!!!  

Just had to let you all know, I am showing signs of some success!!!  Woohoo!!!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
mimi2jefftye
#214 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:01:10 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

All of you ladies are such a great inspiration to me!  I have been reading all of your posts!!  You ladies ROCK!!!

loveslife
#215 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:18:14 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Way to go Chelle and Sally! I also love those 100 Grand bars, didn't even buy any this year! In years past, I have been known to do so.......

I am down about 7.5 now. Like Sally said, not as fast as I would like.... but plugging away.

Keep up the good work everyone! clap clap clap

Karen
Quiltbaby
#216 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:35:48 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

All of you are doing so great. Its so important to do whats right for your own lifestyle.  Keep it up.  Only you know what feels right for you.  I, myself have tried every diet and way of eating for the last 34 years.  They would work briefly, but then Id lose motivation and the lbs would all come back.  This is the first " not a diet", I have done successfully. I finally stopped focusing on weight loss, and focused on my health and disease processes. Trying to cure myself.  It worked.  I didnt get fat over night, so I know I wont lose it over night. I have time, Im good with that.  And doing something , no matter how small of a change, is better than doing nothing at all.  So I have found my way to health and happiness.  Finally. I am hoping you all find yours too.    Looks like your all motivated.  Im so happy for you.

A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
loveslife
#217 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:50:13 PM(UTC)
loveslife

Candis, I am listening to a brain/gut health documentary that talks a lot about what you have been saying, and finding it very interesting.  I plan to explore more.  One step at a time for me!

This morning I stepped on the scale, feeling like the news would be good, and it was.  I am just one pound from being out of the decade I never wanted to be in again, and 9 lbs down total so far.  I am hoping I can maintain it, and go from there.  Another 10 down by Dec 3 may be a bit lofty, but I will see what happens.  If I did that, that would put me back to where I was before my recent weight gain.  Also, it seems silly, but the weigh and win program is an added incentive, and if I did that, my monetary reward would be $30, rather that the $15 currently that I have earned.  Once I lose a certain percentage, I will be paid for maintaining that and the rewards get better with more weight lost.  Every quarter for two years I can earn these rewards, and it just is a little added incentive to get to a healthier weight and place and feel better!

Karen

Quiltbaby
#218 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 6:24:38 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

So very Happy for you Karen! Weigh to go! That incentive sounds great not silly at all, it’s more than monetary it’s just a sense of accomplishment and pride. Heh any motivation is a great one. You’ll do it. I know it. Set your mind to losing 10 by Dec. 3 rd. I bet you can. I must say. My scale does not move fast. Age and hormones play a huge part in that and stress and sleep. But I have lost so many inches. It’s so weird. The scale stays the same. But my body is getting smaller , fat is leaving from the inside first . I am now in a size 14 jeans, and a medium, large shirt. It’s kind of exciting every morning. I try not to weigh on the scale I just try on smaller clothes and I’m happy. I actually hide the scale and weigh once a month. Because it just doesn’t matter to me anymore. Seems fluid shifts in women all month can go up and down 3 to 5 lbs. that’s discouraging to me. So this way I just carry on doing what feels good.

Karen keep posting, I wanna know!
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
loveslife
#219 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 7:12:19 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Good for you Candis, that is the weigh to go! I actually feel the same as you do about the scale, and don't like being focused on it, if it weren't for the program! I often gain weight as I add muscle. I do like the accountability of it all for right now, this is a time of year that it is so easy to gain, unless I decide to control that!

Karen
mimi2jefftye
#220 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:33:51 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

This past weekend I worked a 5K Memorial Run and saw a lady I had not seen in about 3-4 months.  She actually stopped running and told me that she noticed that I had lost weight.  That really made me feel great.  My sister and Lieca told me they could see I was smaller.  So I checked my measurements today and lost another inch around my hips!  I will not be weighing until tomorrow, so not sure if there are any pounds gone.

I love how this is working!  

Love all the progress you ladies are reporting.  Even if we are not seeing any immediate differences, just the fact we are trying is amazing!  Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Teatime
#221 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:50:41 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Great work ladies. Those non-scale victories are the best. My scale victory so far is 30# down since April. Slow but sure. I hope for another 30#s in 2019. Let's stay strong! 

Marian
cv quilter
#222 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:02:55 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sally,, what a testament to your determination and "staying the course".  Good for you and what a wonderful feeling to have it noticed by more than just you.

Marian, that's awesome.  That's a lot of weight loss in just 6 months.  Congratulations.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
stitchintime
#223 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:19:42 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Woohoo Sally and Marian.  Those are great numbers.  I admit to being a weigher - doesn't bother me a bit to get on the scale every morning.  My numbers are down 45, officially out of the obese range, and 3 more lbs to a weight decade I haven't seen in fifteen+ years.  Still another 30 to go for average weight and 40 to ideal.  Slow but sure and focused on long term health rather than quick losses works for me.  Of course, it might go faster if I would actually exercise, lol.  

Barb
Chelle
#224 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:01:11 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I weighed this morning and I am back in onederland.. whew!  Made an effort to get together with a new friend for breakfast... yep, pushing myself past fears and comfort zone and asking people to do things with me :). I pulled a couple more quotes and put them in my pinterest folder, still need to work on putting them into my book.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
mimi2jefftye
#225 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:26:55 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

WTG Chelle and Marion!!!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed