Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<101112
Quiltbaby
#232 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:51:51 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

GG there is, The Keto Flu is simply electrolytes. If you drink this every day for awhile it will help or stop the symptoms. It’s called ketorade. 1 ounce apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp of nu salt or no salt. 1/2 tsp of hymalayian pink salt. Then fill glass up with sparkling mineral water. You can add lemon also. If you can’t do Apple cider vinegar, then skip it. The nusalt or nosalt is a potassium supplement. The salt is for your sodium.

When you go low carb, you lose water and quickly. This is inflammation leaving your body. Your joints etc. when you urinate sodium and potassium go with it. So if you sip on this through out your day. Your replenishing. By salting your food good with Himalayan salt helps too.

I got into ketosis fast by fasting at least 16 hours a day. It took about 2 days. Sugar or carb withdrawal can cause a headache but if you drink what I said. It will stop.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
GardenGal
#233 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:00:02 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

Good to know Candis.. I wish I had the no salt here..  I have the pink salt and ACV though.. will that be enough ?

gg

--
Chelle
#234 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:00:17 AM(UTC)
Chelle

I gotta modify my modified keto again.  Dhs gout is flaring up and so he will be cutting back some things... which is fine, just have to go thrugh my recipes.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Quiltbaby
#235 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:01:24 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Also if you find yourself low on energy or feet or legs cramping, this is usually sodium depletion, Drink pickle juice . Ir eat a few dill pickles. If you replenish these electrolytes. You will feel great. Cravings for carbs and your appetite will stop.

Candis
Quiltbaby
#236 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:07:47 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

GG. For now. I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon Most stores carry nu salt or no salt. Wal Mart. Etc. Morton’s has one too. You can just eat your potassium too, your veggies, green leafy ones, broccoli, asparagus. Just count the carbs in them. Yourred meat will also have all the good nutrients, the fattier the cut the better. I love to help. So any time. Apple cider vinegar. Has wonderful properties. It lowers your blood sugar for one. But some can’t take the taste. Ketoraid is a wonderful help aid. Yes if you don’t have nusalt. Just make it with what you do have.

Candis
Quiltbaby
#237 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:11:34 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Chelle, when I first started Keto I had a flare of gout. I decreased my carbs, and stayed fasting and basically Carnivore. I put ice packs on my area. Drank my ketorade and it went away in a few days. Hasn’t been back since. It’s beenn 8 months. I never took meds for gout. . Hope his goes away soon.

Candis
stitchintime
#238 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:13:26 AM(UTC)
stitchintime

Or go plant based and not have any of those issues 

Barb
Chelle
#239 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:38:24 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Actually hes been doing fine with how we were eating but we got off track and have been eating junk... I think that and the change in weather as well as adding to his workload are the cause.  I can use it as a reason to cut back on beef for now though :)  The junk and weather may also be the reason my back is hurting a lot more lately.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
GardenGal
#240 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:40:46 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Keto legal here...  had hot dogs wrapped in lettuce for dinner.  2.5 carbs    

had a head ache this morning BUT it was because I left the house without eating at all.. once I got back home and ate, it went away. 

I wish we had a KETO / low carb recipe thread...  love bacon but can't eat it everyday...

gg

--
stitchintime
#241 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 8:23:58 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

There is a low carb thread, GG.  But there isn't a plant based thread.....boo hoo.... 

Barb
Quiltbaby
#242 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:14:31 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Great GG! I added a recipe and three great sites for yummy easy recipes to the low carb thread. I also emailed you a pdf of keto recipes. It’s from a private Facebook Keto site. One of the other Patreon member on Dr Berrys site put all the recipes in a folder. Let me know if you got it.

I am a lazy Keto eater. I keep it very simple. I eat mostly meat. Very little veggies. Ive just never been a real big veggie eater. Once you become fat adapted and in ketosis. You just don’t get hungry. So easy is good for me.

Hot dogs and mustard, sausage, chicken with the skin on! Fatty cuts of beef, eggs every way imaginable, pork chops, ham etc. avocados for the fat you need. If you like them. I love them. Most everything you like can be made keto.

Candis
EvelynB
#243 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 12:09:52 AM(UTC)
EvelynB

“The nusalt or nosalt is a potassium supplement. The salt is for your sodium.“

Be careful with your potassium. My husband’s level got too low because of his blood pressure medications. He ended up in the hospital. But the doctor warned me that my blood pressure medication caused the opposite effect. I should never, ever take potassium. High and low are both bad.

This week I’ve been baking Christmas cookies and cakes. My joints are now screaming at me. I have been staying away from carbs and processed foods and had little joint discomfort. My husband’s cancer treatments pushed us to eat better and go regularly to the gym. Both my knees need to be replaced after snacking on these goodies! Time to trash the sweets or at least freeze them until Christmas.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed