Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<141516
monalee
#316 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:54:48 AM(UTC)
monalee

I love the beach with white sands and the oceans that are clear and you can see in. Snorkeling in Hawaii was amazing! In Galveston Texas there was no way I was getting in dark water and sand. Then walked down the pier and saw them fishing for shark. Ugh!

I also love the hot tubs and pools.
Sharon I will have to read up on salt water hot tubs. My sis has a salt water pool but hot tub is regular water.
GloBug
#317 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:29:16 PM(UTC)
GloBug

I'd rather swim in a pool but I do love walking on the sand's edge where the ocean waves come up and wet my feet.  I'm about 20 minutes from the ocean and I really should take advantage of it and visited more often.  I do love hearing the crash of the waves, the birds and feeling the wind on my face and my feet in the cool wet sand.    

The last time a swam in a ocean it was in Cancun and the water was so turquoise blue and CLEAR and the sand was white!!  Plus the water was warm unlike our California coastal waters that are cold.  

cv quilter
#318 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:40:07 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: monalee Go to Quoted Post

I also love the hot tubs and pools.
Sharon I will have to read up on salt water hot tubs. My sis has a salt water pool but hot tub is regular water.

Monalee, The salt water hot tub is wonderful.  Very soothing and your skin feels silky.  You don't end up with salt on you.  The water just feels really soft.  You do not use chemicals in the water.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
jcorsbie
#319 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:07:48 PM(UTC)
jcorsbie

Love, love my pool; it is not a salt water one and really requires very little work as it has a screened enclosure over it.  Stangest salt water experience was wading (and trying) to swim in the Dead Sea  in Jordan.  Salt concentration was even more than the Great Salt Lake in Utah and you were covered in salt when you got out.  Clothes or swimsuit stood up by themselves with the shape of your body even though you weren't in it.  Very strange.

jann

Always do more than is required of/from you. (My mom)
cv quilter
#320 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:55:17 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Jann, I smile as I read your post.  I can picture that.  We went snorkling in the ocean, viewing turtles, and I was pretty well covered in salt and my hair had dried and was stiff by the time our boat got back to shore.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Rss Feed  Atom Feed