Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Chelle
#22 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 7:52:25 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I am mostly just jotting down quotes that mean something to me.  I am hoping it will help me replace the negative self talk and helps me improve my self esteem.  So far I haven't done any coloring and doodling with it but I should start making an effort to do that.

Today I was aware of how many steps I got in as well as what I was choosing to eat.  Max and I had a great conversation, as he has lost quite a bit of weight over the past year all on his own, just by being aware of what and how much he was eating.  I am very proud of him.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Brenda
#23 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 11:56:57 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I am down 7 pounds since the middle of December.  I had really gained a lot of weight this last year.  I had a lot of stress in my life and also my doctor put me on new medications that also cause weight gain.

No excuses though I am keeping track of my food on an app called Lose it.  It is free and I really like it.

Starting weight Dec 17 2017--215

Jan 07 2018--208

I decided I am going to be weighing once a week on Sunday morning.  I still need to up my exersize but that will come.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Quiltbaby
#24 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 11:59:18 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

WOW Brenda, Congrats to you that is awesome!

A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Brenda
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:35:58 AM(UTC)
Brenda

thanks

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Leslie
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:27:17 PM(UTC)
Leslie

One day at a time my friends,stay strongđź’Ş
Leslie
mimi2jefftye
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:31:59 AM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Great job Brenda!!!

I need to get me a scale.  I have been weighing myself at Linda's, but I do not get there as often as I used to.

Chelle, love the idea of turning a meaningful quote into an art piece.  Sounds like a great idea for gifts too!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
mimi2jefftye
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:33:36 AM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Mona, sounds like the Keto plan and the kiddos are working great for you.  What do you think was the hardest part of switching to a Keto based food plan?  Likes and dislikes?

monalee
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:48:57 PM(UTC)
monalee

Sally, I love meat so I like that I can have it whenever I feel hangry. Probably giving up the sugar the first few days was hardest for me. Fruits do have carbs so I have to limit them also hard since I enjoy fruit. But maintaining is easier without gaining. I also eat small quantities 5 times a day so the metabolism doesn’t stall out.
LaDawn
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:08:47 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

Mimi,

I actually have several journals of different sorts. In another life, I'm a writer and a collector of cool/fun notebooks and journals. I started a "Joy" journal years ago when my kids were little where I write events that brought me true joy, not just happiness. I find as I re-read it that most of it focuses on little things my kids did, or being out in nature, birdwatching, seeing my kids progress spiritually, and such. But last year I decided I needed a gratitude or blessing journal, too, since there have been whole months and even a year where I found it difficult to find that joy. I knew that I have many blessings, so I wanted to focus on finding one or two of those each day and writing it down. I didn't manage to write everyday, so I will continue it this year, trying again! It does help me see that even days where there is a lot of physical pain or not much accomplished, I am still blessed!

As for my weight loss goals, I got down under 140 right before Christmas, a number I haven't seen since being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 6 years ago. Bright Line Eating was going great for me, but I kind of blew it for about 3 days and my scale says I gained 2 pounds back (How is that even possible??? It takes me weeks to lose it and 3 days to gain it??). And the past couple of weeks I have been struggling with pain. My Dr. changed up my meds, but they have about 2 hours of side effects that leave me non-functional every time I take them (every 8 hours). And, they make me hungry. I am still eating healthy, but I am probably eating more, too. 

uggh. I guess I need to go read my blessing journal!  And then lock myself in my sewing room for an hour or so. 

GardenGal
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:34:25 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

starting off to a terrible start to 2018...  just owning it.  

gg

--
Nancy_MN
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:12:35 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

The Cooking Light online diet plan is going well so far.  Tasty meals, smaller portions.  Winter is never an easy time to diet, however.  When I get cold, I get HUNGRY!

Spent an hour shoveling today.  That should help burn some calories. (...and tucker me out to the point that I don't even feel like sewing.  )

I'm having to UP my water intake as I've been troubled with salivary gland stones.  Anyone else ever had those?  My brother gets kidney stones which are much worse, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
mimi2jefftye
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:46:15 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

I am finding that I am using every excuse imaginable to not move!!!  It is too cold, I am too tired, it was a rough day at work, it is raining, they are burning the cane fields, etc.......

Well today I made a change in my office with the help from my maintenance guys.  I changed the orientation of my desk, so now everytime a guest comes in I have to get up and walk to the window to help them.  I know it is not much, but at least during the day at work I am getting up and down quite a bit.  

I have also decided to get a bicycle and start riding around the park.  Hoping to go get it this weekend.  As I call it the "big butt bike", has a big seat, big tires and no gears.  Should be able to handle it. 

After watching the guests here in the park, they do not let their size keep them from doing anything.  So here I go, out into the park on my BBB.  LOL

mimi2jefftye
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:48:43 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Oh Nancy, I have not heard of that.  Hope they are not as painful as kidney stones!!!

My husband gets kidney stones and bladder stones quite a bit.  He has to eliminate spinach, tea and limit his intake of red meat.  The doctor says those three things are the greatest contributors to cause the urea to calcify and turn to painful stones.

Nancy_MN
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:27:10 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Not nearly so painful as kidney stones, Mimi.  It's caused not so much by diet as three medications I take that dry me out.  Water, water, water!

~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
mimi2jefftye
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:06:02 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Well it looks like I will be waiting to get my bike next weekend.  Went to pick it up and they were out of stock.  Was told more would be in before the weekend.  Actually looking forward to riding around the park.  I do have a question though, does anyone know if my fitbit will track exercise on a bicycle?  Have not figures out all of the features yet.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed