Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Quiltbaby
#106 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:42:23 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Oh here’s a partial food list if your interested.
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ab9be84509630bfbad2281f34/files/8cd822ac-1399-42fe-974a-2f43cb565fce/Ketogenic_Diet_Guidebook_042018.pdf

Another perk results are immediate. I stopped weighing I just pay attention to how clothes fit, but mostly it’s about my health . Keto will heal your body from the inside first, then work on the rest. Like fatty liver disease. Insulin resistance, fatty pancreas. This fat is used first, the stored stuff. You will lose a great deal of water weight at first then see inches disappear. I weigh maybe once a month. . This is inflammation in your body going away from your joints, and body. Really you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Try it , it may be the best thing you ever did. The link to videos I posted will answer so many questions you may have. Subscribe to his channel if you want. Best thing he’s in Tennesee, Camden. I wish he was here! Dr Berry.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
mimi2jefftye
#107 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:48:38 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

No fish and seafood are not an issue at all.  Thank goodness since I absolutely love it!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Quiltbaby
#108 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:50:58 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=the+magic+pill+trailer&fr=ipad

Or the sugar movie. These are wonderful documentaries . Netflix iTunes have them I’ve found them free on line too. So shocking and important.

Candis
Chelle
#109 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:47:04 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I forgot to mention, I have reached one of my weight loss goals.  I am down 30 pounds. Laughing

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
GloBug
#110 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:01:32 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Candis, thank you for all your recent posts about the Keto diet.  I started watching the Dr. Berry YouTubes from the link you shared and I am ready to make additonal changes for better health.  I'm certain I'm halfway into the Keto type of diet already and just need to move it up a level and be more dedicated to the foods I choose to eat.  I've lost about 20 pounds since last year and have kept it off but I really need to lose more.  I think the thing that struck me about doing the Keto type diet is that I'll downgrade the inflammation in my body (arthritis) and help my Type 2 diabetes.  

I've also been attending Yoga classes for a month and I love them so much.  The pain in my left arthritic hip has decreased and I'm sleeping so much better...without waking in hip pain during the night.  

Again, thanks for sharing and inspiring me to continue my journey to better health.

EDIT:  Congratulations to Chelle for the awesome weight loss!!  

Quiltbaby
#111 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:49:08 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Glo, I am beyond thrilled that you watched Dr Berry. He and Keto will change your life. My regret is . I wished I’d found him and keto sooner. Your diabetes will be cured and all that inflammation gone. Quality of life is 100%. This way of eating is freeing and powerful. I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. Instead of, there’s no place like home. It’s YOU HAD THE POWER ALL ALONG! Lol. But it’s true. I’m very excited for you to see what will happen when you fully go to the healthy side lol. If you ever have questions I’m an email or text or phone call away. This is so great for you!! And a Yoga so great for total body. As well as your stress and cortisol levels. That is an inspiration to me. You will be amazed of all the other benefits coming your way! You’ll see!

Congrats Chelle on your loss. dance

Candis
mimi2jefftye
#112 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 6:55:13 PM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

Woohoo, wtg Chelle!!!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Brenda
#113 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:11:25 AM(UTC)
Brenda

WTG everyone for hanging in there.

Well here is what is going on with me.  My sugar levels have been off the charts and my Doctor wanted me off the Weight Watcher all you can eat of certain foods program, like fruit asap.  So I ended that right away.

My headaches are getting better and so are my sugar levels.  I am now back to simple eating and tracking my calories on an app called Myfitnesspal I have it set to 1670 calories with 100 grams of protein.

I am actually feeling better.

Am I the only one that feels like I am back in High School when looking in the mirror and sometimes feeling judged about how I look?

Maybe it is because I was always a really fat kid and always was teased.  

Things like the upcoming retreat in Oklahoma Retreat even is stressful for me.

I know once I am there I will have a wonderful time and all will be fine.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Chelle
#114 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 8:40:51 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Brenda, I can say that I understand.  I do know that today I wish I hadnt been so hard on myself as a teen, so now I focus on changing that behavior today.  I still do it though :(. I now know why I gained the weight in my 20s, and though I hadn't thought about it- its the same reason I regained (and didn't care) the weight more recently.  I know I have to work on some things internally, and I am. WE are our own worst critics.

I am thinking about seeing if I can get an appt, even a 30 minute massage to work on my hips.  I have bursitis in both now I think, and my masseuse does a great job, then again maybe I should schedule it for next Monday!

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Quiltbaby
#115 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:28:26 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Brenda I have been exactly that way for longer than I can remember. So I too totally understand. You are not alone. Please watch this short video. I am only trying to relay what has helped me so much. Can’t hurt! https://youtu.be/xwKmVjSXTDk

Chelle, I had bursitis in my rt. hip. So painful. But Since I have been eating this way, all the inflammation is gone, the bursitis and arthritis pain went with it. Those sneaky sugars and creepy carbs will wreck havoc on your body. I hope you find relief. It can be miserable. sad

Candis
Teatime
#116 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:48:51 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Hi Everyone, Chelle – excellent work on Keto.  I started on Keto in early April. 18 lbs down and all my blood work is normal. I know inflammation has come down too because I see my normal looking feet and think – the inside of my body looks like that too.  No swelling. My knee has not been painful for 2 months. Not hungry and able to augment any eating situation to fit my dietary needs. Keto on!

Marian
Quiltbaby
#117 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 11:10:13 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Marian!!! Keto sister!! Your results are wonderful. This has been my experience also. I’m so thankful I tried it. Your doing wonderful! Keto power!!!

Candis
Rss Feed  Atom Feed