Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
stitchintime
#85 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 12:18:35 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Actually, I am not avoiding carbs, Nancy. I do eat some whole grain pasta and breads, grains, potatoes (mostly sweet potatoes due to food allergies). Carbs actually get a bad rap. Fruits and veggies do contain carbohydrates. The body converts carbs to glucose, then insulin directs that glucose into your cells for energy. It is the way our bodies are designed to work. The fiber in fruits and vegetables help slow that release of glucose into the system unlike fructose (sugar) and most processed foods which send a high spike to the body. That being said, it isn't like I am eating grains and higher carb veggies at every meal.

I so totally agree with about the calcium. You can actually get plenty of calcium, vitamin c and most nutrients from plants (the exception is B12). It was harder giving up the cheese than the milk...lol
Barb
Chelle
#86 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:02:25 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Oh it would be hard for me to give up cheese.  

I was bad this weekend, I dont know how it is I can go all week eating right and weekends come and forgetaboutit.  I did tell Rick we gotta get serious, that I will cook and he will eat what I make, he said ok.  He actually didn't argue when we had caeser salad with chicken last night.  So now to find more new recipes to try that we may like.

I know I need to start walking more.  Right now I am trying to find the allergy medication that is going to work for me this year.  It took 2 hours for todays meds to kick in and I will keep track of how long it lasts (it says 24 hours, it didnt last that long yesterday).  

I need to take some time to write more in my quote journal, that helps me relax and think about the next small improvements to make in my life.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Rss Feed  Atom Feed