Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

52 Pages«<505152
Angele3
#1072 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 11:15:33 PM(UTC)
Angele3

Nancy, i do wish Mother Nature would decide wether she wants to give us rain or snow. It keeps flipping from one to the other. Getting tired of icy roads since all the snow is almost gone
GardenGal
#1073 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:15:59 AM(UTC)
GardenGal

This morning I finished the last 25 flying geese needed for the mystery ( and made 8 extra ) and got them trimmed up so I am sitting on READY for the 3rd step/clue.  

I sewed a button onto a shirt that came back from the dry cleaners with one busted.  :(

I reduced the size of a pillow case I made for one of mom's travel pillows.

I made a pillow case for Jace to have at his Dad's  and made one to stay here.  These were made from some really nice prints Jann gave me at the PA retreat.  :)

Going back now to make 1 -2 more pillow cases so I can call those tasks DONE and get the fabrics put away and 3 pillows out of my sewing room.  I'm on a mission to get some of the clutter and projects completed during my break from the mystery.

--
Chelle
#1074 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:48:07 AM(UTC)
Chelle

I have two king size quilts calling me.  Both need to be sandwiched and quilted, we will see how things progress.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
GloBug
#1075 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:18:47 AM(UTC)
GloBug

Yikes Chelle...two king sized quilts that need to be sandwiched and quilted...  You're my hero!

Late last night I finished my niece's quilt top (Disappearing 9-patch in black, gray and pop of color with turquoise) and it looks so good!  I'm pleased with it.  Now to sandwich it and quilt it.... ugh, not my favorite part of quilting but I'm on a mission to have this one down before Christmas Day...2017.   

And I continue to machine quilt the mystery quilt we made with Jann over the summer.  This will be for my youngest son for his birthday on January 1st.

Oh...and I'll also continue sewing up my 200 flying geese for Part #2 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt.

Lots to do, so I should get off the computer now...lol. 

~Glo

Brenda
#1076 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:43:26 PM(UTC)
Brenda

I have both grandkids today so there will be no visits from me today in my sewing room.

I have been watching the news today because of all the wild fires in San Diego and in Los Angeles.  I would take all the rain or snow anyone wants to send us.

I keep praying that no more lives are lost do to these awful fires.

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

Chelle
#1077 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:47:15 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Well Glo, I only got one quilt prepped for quilting, and had maybe 10 pins to spare.  So I guess that means I have to get it quilted before I can sandwich the other.

cv quilter
#1078 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:50:43 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Brenda, living in AZ, we are watching your beautiful State's situation.  We are feeling your fear and your sadness for all of those affected!  As I type we are watching the news reports and wonder, "Why, Why, Why does this keeping happening?"  I do pray for you and all of you in CA.

Sharon
Brenda
#1079 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:09:30 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Originally Posted by: cv quilter Go to Quoted Post

Brenda, living in AZ, we are watching your beautiful State's situation.  We are feeling your fear and your sadness for all of those affected!  As I type we are watching the news reports and wonder, "Why, Why, Why does this keeping happening?"  I do pray for you and all of you in CA.

Sharon

There really is no way to stop the fires because we get some really wild winds and when we have wet springs causing a lot of growth there is a lot for the fires to burn.  

Brenda

Teatime
#1080 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:35:38 PM(UTC)
Teatime

My local quilt quilt is doing Moose on the Porch 2010 jelly roll challenge. I'm catching up!

No automatic alt text available.

Marian
uspslady
#1081 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:12:29 PM(UTC)
uspslady

Originally Posted by: Teatime Go to Quoted Post

My local quilt quilt is doing Moose on the Porch 2010 jelly roll challenge. I'm catching up!

No automatic alt text available.

Love your fabrics.  This will be a beautiful quilt!

uspslady
#1082 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:17:26 PM(UTC)
uspslady

The last couple of days I've just been making bowl cozies and pillow cases and I made one casserole carrier.  Tomorrow I'll get back to doing the same, need more bowl cozies and more pillow cases.  Bowl cozies and pillow cases for neighbors and daughters, pillow cases and possibly pillows for grandchildren.  Might throw in some place mats and pot holders if I have enough energy. 

I will fill the bowl cozies up with homemade candies and cookies if I get around to making those.  Looking for some more quick ideas to use up scraps and small yardage pieces.  

Chelle
#1083 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:37:19 PM(UTC)
Chelle

I got this beautiful top from Cv_quilter and is being finished for DH's coworker.  THANK YOU AGAIN SHARON!  I just got done pinning it and making binding.  Waiting for Ibuprofen to kick in so I can hopefully start quilting it.

monalee
#1084 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:30:05 PM(UTC)
monalee

My kids just got home from Las Vegas trip, 40th birthday for son in law, but now I'm off kid duty and can work on my needle book.

cv quilter
#1085 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 6:17:14 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Originally Posted by: Chelle Go to Quoted Post

I got this beautiful top from Cv_quilter and is being finished for DH's coworker.  THANK YOU AGAIN SHARON!  I just got done pinning it and making binding.  Waiting for Ibuprofen to kick in so I can hopefully start quilting it.

Chelle, I know you will finish this beautifully!  So glad I could help.  Sure hope your ibuprofen kicks in...I DO know the feeling of wanting and waiting for it to do it's magic.  Your DHs co-worker is bound to enjoy this quilt and be comforted by it!

Sharon
Brenda
#1086 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 12:39:46 AM(UTC)
Brenda

I am cutting out 2 button up shirts for Grandson for Christmas.  I have finished sewed almost one shirt.  I am making it a little bigger because he is growing so fast. 

I also pulled and cut my first set of center blocks for Kids Swap Blocks.

I am still looking for the matching fabrics.  

Brenda

Veronica
#1087 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 1:55:43 AM(UTC)
Veronica

My sewing room is a busy place these days.  

I cut apart some strips for a bookcase quilt.  I should have sewn on some blocks (ALL of them!) but just couldn't get into it.  I'll start early in the morning tomorrow.

This morning I was able to run to JoAnn's Fabrics to get some embelishments for the Tools of the Trade swap.  I really like how it looks (in my mind) and should be working on those Tuesday or Wednesday.

cv quilter
#1088 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 9:13:13 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

I have been doing some work on my Needle Case and it's getting there.  The embelling is tedious but looking pretty.  I have been REALLY missing sewing....withdrawals galore.  I haven't sewn a thing since coming home from retreat.  I decided yesterday to make an apron for my granddaughter for Christmas.  Free Craftsy pattern (3,4,5 Apron) and an easy, quick project that required minimal cutting of 3 FQs.  The sewing was easy and the result is adorable.  My eyes tired quickly but it felt so good to do something.  I'm wanting to make 5 more for 3 granddaughters, daughter and daughter in law. I'm hoping to try to start On Ringo Lake after the holidays.  Got things I want to get done as gifts.  I can do things on my embroidery machine easier than sewing so will get some gifts made that way.  I was hoping to get my crayon quilt sandwiched and quilted as a gift for my daughter, but that won't happen.

Sharon
Agnes
#1089 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 10:05:23 AM(UTC)
Agnes

I have been slogging along on my version using the Peaky and Spike and some other units from the Flash mystery. Because of some poor cutting I finally decided to do even more fudging than I normally do. Just to give myself a boost I cut some four patch posies and sewed them. I have made four of the units and hung them to rally me on to get some of the other projects out of the way. I am collecting the On Ringo Lake clues but I will not make a decision on it until I see the final reveal. 

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
cv quilter
#1090 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 11:04:08 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Pretty posies, Agnes

Sharon
Bonita
#1091 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 11:22:03 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Love the posies, Agnes.

Bonita
Rss Feed  Atom Feed