Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

53 Pages«<515253
Agnes
#1093 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:45:11 AM(UTC)
Agnes

Thank you, Sharon and Bonita. I would love to be stitching more of them right now but I seriously have to finish other projects first.

Agnes in NW Ontario, Canada
cv quilter
#1094 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 8:13:05 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Welcome, PrisP.  You'll enjoy being here.  

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Leslie
#1095 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 7:02:31 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Welcome Pris, great to have you with us
Leslie
Teatime
#1096 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 8:29:10 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Welcome PrisP. This site is a lot of fun. Quilters from all over. I live in beautiful Medina Ohio and have been quilting for about 6 yrs.  Take a look around the site – there is something for everyone. 

Marian
vagrandma6
#1097 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:59:09 AM(UTC)
vagrandma6

There hasn't been much sewing going on in my sewing room, but, there's been a lot of cleaning and purging going on! I'm hoping that 2018 will be a more productive year for me.....at least that's my plan!

Sandy

Sandy
Nancy_MN
#1098 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:55:19 AM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Welcome Sandy and Pris! Watch for the opening of a "2018 Finishes" showcase coming very soon.
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
Fabriholic
#1099 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:02:05 AM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Well, not much of anything is going on in my sewing room.  Last weekend, Hubby and I had all 4 grandkids.  5,4,almost 3, and almost 1.  It was crazy.  But it was sooo much fun.  Then, the 3 days I planned to sew, got kaboshed as I had to cover graveyard shifts at work.  So sleep was a premium. But I did get my needlebook done. And, last Saturday Morning, the grandkids helped us decorate the tree.   Recognize any of these ornaments?    I shared some with my DIL because she loves homemade ornaments also.  I have been gradually filling my tree with ornaments from the last few years swaps and several I had made previously.  I love it!!  And yes, I have resisted moving any ornaments since the grandbabies helped!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Quiltbaby
#1100 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 12:10:28 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Love that beautiful tree Sheila! Merry Christmas.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Fabriholic
#1101 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 12:30:48 PM(UTC)
Fabriholic

Thanks!  Merry Christmas!

Sheila
Today is a new day!
Chelle
#1102 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:22:17 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Nothing so far today.  I slept in this morning, then grocery shopping and snuggled Max until he fell asleep.  He didnt sleep well last night and I was able to convince him sleep may be what his body needs during this cold.   Thinking I will start cutting fabric for baby quilt, and see how far I get with it today.  I also need to order backing fabric, have decided it may be in my best interest to look into ordering a bolt of neutral backing :D  

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
cv quilter
#1103 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:11:02 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Sheila, how precious and special is your tree!  Can't imagine having 4 babies of the ages you have.  You are a super woman. Your tree is gorgeous and I wouldn't change a thing either.  Merry Christmas to your family.

Sharon
monalee
#1104 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:16:16 PM(UTC)
monalee

I am working on quilted stockings for Taylin and Teague.  It has snowed all day, roads are slick and its in single digits.  Perfect time to sew.

cv quilter
#1105 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:19:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Today, just a little bit going on in my sewing rooml, but I did manage to get eight pointesettia designs embroidered on an oval table cloth I bought at Goodwill.  Super pretty.  I spent the best part of the day doing my other love....Baking and getting ready for family tomorrow.  These days get more precious.  I baked two loaves of bread, made the most awesome and yummy pineapple upside down cake IN A BUNDT PAN... omg it is beautiful and I will never go back to a rectangle or square pan again, and a dozen apple dumplings...all of these for tomorrow.  Hope your holidays are wonderful and beautiful.

Sharon
Bonita
#1106 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 7:34:35 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Sharon, your Pineapple Upside Down cake sounds so good, I love it but no one here but me would eat it if I made one. I surely don't need a whole one to myself. LOL

Bonita
Angele3
#1107 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:31:27 PM(UTC)
Angele3

Nothing happened in the sewing room today. I still need to sew a superhero cape tomorrow. That won’t take long. Then I need to seriously clean my sewing room before starting the New Years projects .
I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas, filled with family and happy moments. Here it will be quiet as the family is spread out this year
Chelle
#1108 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 9:17:00 PM(UTC)
Chelle

Well no sewing today.  I did get backing fabric, so thats progress.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Leslie
#1109 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 12:16:39 PM(UTC)
Leslie

Finished quilt and pillow case for my youngest grandson
Leslie
firesidequilter
#1110 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 12:39:05 PM(UTC)
firesidequilter

Need to change needle on machine, as I had to sew thru sticky baccked velcro yesterday...made a "fabric bracket" to hold my tablet in my traverse for Oliver's entertainment on the 3 hour ride to Family Christmas...

then I will sew the Christmas Tree Lotto blocks together...not much to do today, as we had one "unwrapping" yesterday...got home and kids decided to do our "unwrapping"...now Oliver has all day today to play before we head out on Monday to another unwrapping....

We have primerib sitting on counter rubbed in SeaSalt, potatoes waiting to go in oven, scallopped corn in crockpot (waiting to be turned on) and asparagus will be cooked later too... pies are in fridge waiting as Today is OUR HOUSE CHRISTMAS

Hoping everyone is safe and has an enjoyable holiday time...make memories!

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo...
TonyaQuilts
#1111 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:22:05 PM(UTC)
TonyaQuilts

I'm back into quilting again, and back here lurking around. We moved again, this time into a bigger apartment, where I actually have a room to use for quilting when it is not being used as a guest room. I unpacked all my fabric and quilting boxes a couple weeks ago, organized the closets and all the stuff on the shelves, set up a banquet table to use for a sewing table for now, and even hung a wallhanging for decor. It is simple, but now when I go in that room, I feel so much peace and just want to play with fabric and sew something. 

Now that the holiday events are done, and after one more family trip this weekend to Texas, I will be all ready to dive back into finishing up some UFO's. Is there going to be a UFO challenge again this year? I will also be looking to see what the coming swaps are... I might get back into swapping too!

Oh how I have missed quilting and all my quilty friends here. Looking forward to catching up with you all! 

Tonya (in California) 

Cosmocat12
#1112 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 7:56:49 PM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Hi Tonya, your new quilting space sounds great. I imagine you are going to love being there and getting back into it. I hope you post many pictures of finished quilts.

I am having a  great quiet day (finally) after the Christmas rush and work. The kids are quiet on their ipads and I hope to get a quilt basted today, and maybe a top completed as well. I hope to sneak in at least one more finish before the end of the year.

Tracey
elliebell650
#1113 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 8:18:00 PM(UTC)
elliebell650

Welcome back Tonya, it's lovey to have a quiet space of our own to pursue our passions. I would think there will be a UFO challenge for 2018 the girls here have run them the last couple of years and there has been many quilts completed.

Tracey the ever quilting fairy all the beautiful work you are producing in achieving your goal of 100 quilts for the hospital, you are insperational to all of us and I thank you for your generosity. I will watching to see what you come up with next.

Marg
Rss Feed  Atom Feed