Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<111213
JackieH
#253 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:45:53 PM(UTC)
JackieH

So very beautiful Nina. I had fun loooking all over your block and noticing all the stitching and embelishments.

Jacy
Bonita
#254 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:11:33 PM(UTC)
Bonita

Nina, so beautiful!! As Jackie said so many places to look at. Great work on your stitches.

Bonita
empeywl
#255 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 10:12:25 PM(UTC)
empeywl

Location: at the foot of the rocky mountains along the Wasatch front range

Hi everyone,

My quilt group just inhereted a bunch of fabric that would be great for crazy quilts.  I would be willing to put together some grab bags for you guys and send it to whomever if you paid for shipping.  Does this sound like anything any of you might be interested in?  P.M. me if you are.

Wendy Empey
stitchintime
#256 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:47:03 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Katie - your mailbox is full

Barb
crzyquilter
#257 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 11:07:10 AM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

The was a brief, well, 3 weeks, break in my quilting fun.  The weather FINALLY cooled enough to where I could work in the garage and sheds to take care of a major Fall (ok, Spring--delayed) cleaning.  There was good progress and I have the Jeepster filled again for a trip to the Goodwill.  Yes, all of the stuff I donate is usable, just not to me.  Innocent

Today I'll make a quick run to the market and GW, then it's quilting time.  Yay! Progress.  Hubby is very pleased with how the garage looks.

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
cv quilter
#258 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 11:24:02 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Have made my blocks, two different color ways for each of the two blocks, and now they sit.  I still haven't begun to stitch and embellish them.  I need motivation!  When I get back from retreat I will REALLLY try to get into it.  I'm not sure if I even have a hoop I can use.  Checking.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
ninantx
#259 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 5:36:47 PM(UTC)
ninantx

Sharon,
Have you checked out Kathy Shaw’s modern crazy quilt seams on Facebook. She has them on her blog shawkl.com as well, Katie is also doing the stitch along helping Kathy.pretty eye candy plus gives you help doing your seam work if you are stuck.
cv quilter
#260 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 6:02:07 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Nina, thanks for suggestion,....but I don't have FB account..  Long story, but I was compromised!  Thank you so much...I hope to get some inspiration when I get back from retreat.  I haven't given up...just feel overwhelmed at this time.  I am envious of the beautiful work you are doing!

Sharon
ninantx
#261 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 6:35:16 PM(UTC)
ninantx

Sharon, I’m sorry about your Facebook , I don’t understand people any more.
But if you want to look at the seam treatments.
Kathy’s blog has them on there . It http://shawkl.com
and Katie’s blog http://sewingwithkatie.blogspot.com .
Plus if you look in the header of Kathy’s site you will find some templates you can print on vellum and use on you blocks for placement of your seams. I hope your retreat help you relax and is a lot of fun.
ninantx
#262 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 8:53:43 PM(UTC)
ninantx

http://quiltingaroundthe...?aid=11342&pid=84912
This is a Dresden plate that I’m doing the Modern crazy quilt seams on
stitchintime
#263 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 10:28:37 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

That is lovely, Nina.  You do beautiful stitching!  Finally started on the seam treatments on the first block.  Trying to figure out how long it has been since I did any real embroidery but didn't have enough fingers and twos to count that high  

Barb
cv quilter
#264 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 8:20:15 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Nina, that is so elegant and beautiful stitching.  I saw it on Home page this morning and knew it had to be yours.  

Sharon
patti.cockfield
#265 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 10:31:14 AM(UTC)
patti.cockfield

Wow, such lovely elegant creations!  I am finally starting to embellish the first block.  Have done some tatting, and now planning something with flowers and vines embroidered, floss and a few beads.  Also want to do some ribbon, Brazilian and bead embroidery.   Not all on this first block.  I think I will be adding things as I go.  I love doing the handwork.  I find it so relaxing.  

Mawlinda
#266 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 10:47:07 AM(UTC)
Mawlinda

I sewed the 2 blocks with Christmas fabrics but have not tried to embellish them yet. But the ones I've seen here are beautiful.  And I could never hope to do ones that would come close to this beautiful handwork. But I like to admire them.

Linda
LauraB
#267 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 4:31:02 PM(UTC)
LauraB

You crazyquilting ladies should join the needlebook swap. A crazyquilt block makes a beautiful cover for a needlebook. Sign up ends Monday.
Laura
Quote:
It is what you make it
katiebock
#268 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 8:52:01 AM(UTC)
katiebock

Hi Ladies, Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your families. I appologize for not being on as often as I have been really busy with stitching out the seams for Kathy's Shaw's stitch along and finishing up various projects and having so many previous commitments. Now that I'm alittle ahead with my seams and all of the other work that I have had to catch up on, I just wanted to let you all know that I have posted and uploaded the instructions along with the block # 1 & 2 patterns to my blog Sewing With Katie. Hopefully I will be adding the upcoming 3rd block for the quilt along this coming Monday.Hope everyone has a creative day.Happy Quilting.Hugs Katie

http://sewingwithkatie.blogspot.com/p/crazy-quilt-along.html

Mawlinda
#269 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:06:17 PM(UTC)
Mawlinda

Is there going to be a block 3 in this quilt along. Wondering if I missed something.

Linda
ninantx
#270 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:05:36 AM(UTC)
ninantx

Originally Posted by: Mawlinda Go to Quoted Post
Is there going to be a block 3 in this quilt along. Wondering if I missed something.

I was wondering the same thing. I even went back and checked my junk mail to see if it had gone there by mistake.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed