Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<141516
cv quilter
#316 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 8:46:31 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Evelyn, Glad you found your FGV blocks.  I just went through that same "lost and found" scenario in my sewing room.  For several days I COULD NOT find my Crayon Blocks....looked in all my plastic bins, looked in my cabinets, couldn't sleep one night because I was sure I must have thrown them out...I finally found them in a small priority mail box, all folded up, and that box had been there the whole time I was playing hide and seek!!!!  So glad I found them, they are going to retreat with me.

Sharon
EvelynB
#317 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:51:29 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Sharon, I'm glad I'm not alone in this journey. It's so frustrating to lose things...especially when they're within arm's reach. My daughter phoned asking me to make a toddler bed quilt. I was debating about using the crayon blocks but I'd have to make more. So instead I decided to go with these Farm Girl Vintage blocks. I have way too many for even a king size quilt. Here's what I've got sashed so far.

EvelynB
#318 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:55:03 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

I've been wanting to make Elizabeth Hartman's Llama quilt Lloyd and Lola since the kids moved into this house. Their neighbor has a llama and they enjoy walking over and giving her snacks. So I ordered her book and it should arrive tomorrow.

EvelynB
#319 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:57:07 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

When I get the pattern I plan to make the wallhanging to replace the baby nursery one I'd made. Plus I want to take just the head and make a block for the missing spot on my quilt above.

stitchintime
#320 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 8:00:48 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Evelyn, those are sew stinking cute!

Barb... The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
cv quilter
#321 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:08:32 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Evelyn, love the FGV quilt you're building.  The llama quilt is so cute and that pillow is adorable.  Have you already made that pillow, or is this a picture.  The llama head will be the perfect filler for the spot left in your FGV.

Sharon
Bonita
#322 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:15:18 AM(UTC)
Bonita

Evelyn, love your Llamas, so cute.

Bonita
EvelynB
#323 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:18:48 AM(UTC)
EvelynB

I'm waiting for the pattern to arrive to make the llama head. Plus I'm going to make a full body for a wallhanging. I ordered it Friday night. I don't normally spend money on one design but it is unique, cute, and more artistic than I can do on my own. Tracking shows it in San Antonio. Guess I'll work on my Christmas ornaments. One more to make. Thinking about joining group 4 if I can find the perfect design. I love a variety.
Nancy_MN
#324 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 1:04:26 PM(UTC)
Nancy_MN

Evelyn, I can't wait to see your llamas! Will you go with the same color scheme?
~On the banks of the Mississippi River in the Brainerd Lakes area~
EvelynB
#325 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 1:16:21 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

I'm using the same yellow Kona for the background and the teal and white coordinates for the llama's blanket. I bought some reddish brown for the body and gray-black for the face, ears and legs. That's the colors of the rel Gordon their neighborly llama. I like the teal checks and need to go buy more for the binding. I want them to change the look of her nursery. I made a bunch of hot air balloons that hang in her nursery and I'm trying to think of something new to make to change them out also. The more I look at the setting I have so far, the more I want to change one block to a yellow chick. They're auch fun!
GloBug
#326 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 7:16:00 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Evelyn, your Llama quilt is going to be so cute!!  It's worth paying for the pattern for sure!

Gloria

GloBug - Glo - Gloria
loveslife
#327 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 10:07:31 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Originally Posted by: EvelynB Go to Quoted Post

I would REALLY like to do this sew-along.........thinking nervous

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
mgallardo68
#328 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 11:15:56 AM(UTC)
mgallardo68

Karen, I am about to begin it. Cut my first block (I believe it's this book lol)
loveslife
#329 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:05:25 AM(UTC)
loveslife

Oh good Maria.

I will look forward to seeing your progress. I will look into this sew along further. I do have the book, perhaps after the holidays I can begin.......? nervous

I do wonder how long the sew along instructions will be up, I love the tv screen!

I have NO business starting anything new......

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Chelle
#330 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:24:05 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Karen I am in the same boat.  I need to start on this but have others to get to.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Rss Feed  Atom Feed