Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

JudyT
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:20:17 PM(UTC)
JudyT

They say that what happens at retreat stays at retreat? Not this time. Too good not to share. Last day of a retreat and Jan filled the dishwasher but accidentally used dish soap instead of dishwasher liquid. 

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
EliQuilts
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:47:24 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Brenda
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:20:34 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Originally Posted by: JudyT Go to Quoted Post

They say that what happens at retreat stays at retreat? Not this time. Too good not to share. Last day of a retreat and Jan filled the dishwasher but accidentally used dish soap instead of dishwasher liquid. 

oh no lol

Brenda

A fat quarter has fewer calories than a hot fudge sundae!

stitchintime
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:27:33 PM(UTC)
stitchintime

Maybe she was just trying to kill two birds at once - do the dishes and clean the floor

Barb... The Lion does not turn around when a small dog barks
cv quilter
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:09:41 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

<p>I LOVE THIS POST!!!&nbsp; Our son, Scott,&nbsp; was a BRAND NEW Recruit with the Prescott Fire Department 22 years ago...We did not have a dishwasher...Scott, being new wiith the FD, had to do clean up duty after meals....He did the very same thing as Nancy....OHMY, he used dish soap instead of dishwashing soap to run his first load with the dishwasher..Flooded the kitchen with SUDS..LOTS OF SUDS...He had to clean it up, suffer the "razzing" from seasoned firefighters, and buy the station LOTS of ice cream (firefighters love ice cream :)&nbsp; He learned a valuable lesson and lived through it all to become Batallion Chief and be VERY respected with the department. &nbsp;</p>
<p>Judy, how fun this post was.&nbsp; I'd come to one of your Mini Retreats anytime.</p>
Sharon
EvelynB
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:23:24 PM(UTC)
EvelynB

Probably Scott's good humor about the harassment helped him gain lots of respect. I always told my student teachers and new teachers to laugh at their own mistakes. Makes students feel good about their own errors. Need to clean my tile floor but that sounds like a hard method.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed