Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
JackieH
#64 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 1:24:21 PM(UTC)
JackieH

I have been so busy but hopefully now that the wedding is done and all guests have returned home life will go back to a little more mellow pace  I have to catch up at home today, my kids all slept on couches and the floor and so I have sheets from 6 beds to wash, around 30 towels/beach towels and everyone's laundry hamper is overflowing. But after a mega laundry day today I hope to catch up with you all tomorrow afternoon  and get the chart up for this month 

And I will be so happy to go back to quily sewing instead of wedding dress alterations

Here's a photo of the big day, 95 degrees so we are all squinting , but she was a beautiful bride!

Jacy
Threadbare
#65 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 5:27:32 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

what a beautiful picture and congrats to the happy couple.

FLORENCE
Teatime
#66 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 6:26:23 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Such a happy time for you. Beautiful...beautiful. 

Marian
marigold
#67 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:36:35 AM(UTC)
marigold

Thank you for sharing your beautiful picture of a happy, happy day. Take some time for YOU now.

mari

JackieH
#68 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:01:18 PM(UTC)
JackieH

Chart is made and updated. And it's already halfway through the month 

I love all your projects  , now all we need is some time to sew  

I know for me things are a little more mellow when the kids go back to school and I have more sewing time.

I did dig out my project and take a photo but it's on the other computer. I hope to make a decent dent in it before the month is over.

Jacy
JackieH
#69 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:42:00 PM(UTC)
JackieH

Here are 3 cottages I made last month. Got the fused down but they need to be stitched down and have hand work done. I hope to keep working on this project, at least get the last 3 blocks cut and fused before I put it back away.

And here is #8 Dancing Stars. It was all cut out to take to the Oregon coast retreat, 2 years ago?? I got 6 blocks made there and haven't worked on it since. Since the cutting is done  I hope I'll be able to make a bunch of sewing progress on this one.

Jacy
loveslife
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:06:44 AM(UTC)
loveslife

I didn't know about the wedding, Jacy. Beautiful! Congratulations!

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
Brigit-Carol
#71 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:54:19 AM(UTC)
Brigit-Carol

Lovely pic of bride and groom and family.  Congratulations.

And congrats to all who are posting such lovelies for us to enjoy.   I've finished quilting the Irish Chain (#8)  and hope to get it bound next weekend.  I'm beginning to assemble the blocks for Afternoon Delight left over from last month.  So progress, slow and steady.  

LaDawn
#72 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:28:22 PM(UTC)
LaDawn

I haven't had much chance to get into my sewing room lately, but I did manage to get one block of my

number 8 done.

I didn't check to make sure my printer was printing the paper piecing template at the right size; i've never had a problem with it before! So, you guessed it—if you look closely at the photo, the trees are all at least a quarter of an inch smaller than the sashing. Oh well, I will just add a little more of the background fabric to make it 12". That being done, though, I am having a real hard time finding the mojo to do the November block of this BOM. 

I really just want to work on the NEW project I started after our vacation: adorable little bird blocks by thepatternbasket.com! I'll post some photos on the "What's going on in your sewing room" thread.

JackieH
#73 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:52:19 PM(UTC)
JackieH

I love your fabrics LaDawn  and I'd do just what you said, add some strips of background fabric to make it the right size.

Good work Briget-Carol getting one quilted, you'll be done with that one in no time 

I've been working on mine here and there. With no fabric choices to decide and no cutting to do my blocks are coming along fairly quickly. I have made 3 more big star blocks and have 4 more in progress. 

Jacy
EliQuilts
#74 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 3:11:05 PM(UTC)
EliQuilts

2/5s quilted on Triptyc 1.  I also ran across a pretty little 8 pointed star pattern in a magazine, and I've made the first block. 

Sometimes I question my sanity. ....Occasionally it replies
Threadbare
#75 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 5:18:53 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

I guess I won't begetting anything done this month either.  My left had still hasn't healed and to top it off now I have a problem with my  right shoulder.  I'm a mess.

FLORENCE
marigold
#76 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:30:03 AM(UTC)
marigold

Threadbare, I'm so sorry you're having such problems.

Sending hugs and positive energy your way! Please take extra good care of yourself, complete with all the pampering you can get!

mari

Chelle
#77 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 10:09:41 AM(UTC)
Chelle

I am making progress on the sugar skull, though I am unsure how much work I will get done on it this weekend.  The person I am making it for just got back from a trip to Africa, so I know at least she won't be visiting soon, which means I have some time... maybe haha.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
Angele3
#78 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:01:19 PM(UTC)
Angele3

Just realized that we're past the halfway mark of August and I haven't touched my August UFO. I've been busy with Flash, and a wedding quilt and quilting one for friends, plus company and garden. Gotta get on it
Threadbare
#79 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:13:48 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

Originally Posted by: marigold Go to Quoted Post

Threadbare, I'm so sorry you're having such problems.

Sending hugs and positive energy your way! Please take extra good care of yourself, complete with all the pampering you can get!

mari

Thanks for the hugs.  Nobody here to pamper me but the  fur babies.

FLORENCE
frankied
#80 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 1:21:07 PM(UTC)
frankied

Still working away on my postage stamp EPP quilt, its slowly growing.

Lots of love

Francesxx

traildancer
#81 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 4:36:08 PM(UTC)
traildancer

Here is #8, 30th Anniversary Swoon.  This afternoon I stitched in the ditch along the sashing and around the perimeter.

The trail is the thing....Louis L'Amour
MargeP
#82 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 8:33:18 PM(UTC)
MargeP

Jackie - do not think I will have a finish this month - need to get busy on a large lap quilt for a granddaughter and her soon to be hubby.  It has to  be done by Sept 3.  My printer gave up the ghost last Monday and I got a new one in on Friday and it took most of this weekend for me to master the silly thing.  The quilt will have pictures on it so it really screwed me up to have the old printer decide to die. Hopefully September will find me finishing up my August listings.

MargeP
MargeP
#83 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 8:36:15 PM(UTC)
MargeP

Originally Posted by: Threadbare Go to Quoted Post

I guess I won't begetting anything done this month either.  My left had still hasn't healed and to top it off now I have a problem with my  right shoulder.  I'm a mess.

So sorry to hear of your health problems, Florence.  Seems like when it rains, it pours so I hope you get out from under those nasty rain showers real soon!  Take care.

MargeP
Rss Feed  Atom Feed