Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
cv quilter
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:32:14 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Florence, this is stunning...Your PP talent is incredible.  I am in awe of all the talent here on QATW.  Your's is certainly "up there" at the top!  

Sharon
Teatime
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:40:37 PM(UTC)
Teatime

Originally Posted by: Quiltbaby Go to Quoted Post
Marian, I love that quilt. Such pretty fabrics and colors. Creating awesome designs from HST . GREAT DESIGN. I may steal this pattern if you don't mind? I have a whole bag of HST. Just waiting to be used. Thank you for sharing.

Here is the YouTube video and it is in one of her Block magazines. Great as a large quilt or a throw. 

Marian
Chelle
#45 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 10:55:58 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Yes I kept the quilt I posted.  It was hanging in the sewing area in our house in TN and now it is folded up in a closet.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
quiltertess
#46 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:24:58 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

My 30s quilt was done in 2010.  Here is the link to the directions.  I cannot take credit for the layout - it was one of GGs designs.  She is so talented.

http://quiltingaroundtheworld.com/forum/yaf_postst2085_----2010------BOM.aspx

I am in awe of everyone's quilts.  Great job quilters!

The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
Cosmocat12
#47 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 2:51:01 AM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Florence, you made 56 paper pieces stars? Are you insane! LOL. And all different too, amazing. Your quilt is so vibrant and "alive" What an achievment.

Tracey
Threadbare
#48 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 12:04:51 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

Originally Posted by: Cosmocat12 Go to Quoted Post

Florence, you made 56 paper pieces stars? Are you insane! LOL. And all different too, amazing. Your quilt is so vibrant and "alive" What an achievment.

Yes I did  and yes i thnk I am.

FLORENCE
GardenGal
#49 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 4:03:36 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Originally Posted by: quiltertess Go to Quoted Post

This is my very favorite quilt that I made from a quilt-along here at QATW. 

I no sooner finished this quilt then my youngest dd Shannon claimed it.  I love 30s fabrics and this pattern just called me.

My very first quilt was a peach and green sampler quilt that I made for my oldest dd Kate.  I used patterns from the Lap Quilting book by Georgia Bonesteel, although I did not do the lap quilting method, which is basically just quilt as you go.  I do not have a picture of that quilt and don't know what Kate ever did with it.  I do have the 2nd one I made using the same fabrics (poly/cotton blends) for Shannon.  I made different blocks.  I will have to go find it and take a picture.

Your post warmed my heart!!  Your scalloped edges made it so special. 

--
GardenGal
#50 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 4:05:44 PM(UTC)
GardenGal

Loving all these quilts being shared.   I'm not even sure I could pick my favorite and I think there are at least 20 that I say " this is one of my favorites "  hahaha 

If my dear Jane was finished, I might call it but I am not sure it will ever be finished so that takes it down a notch on my list.

Keep the pictures coming. 

--
JudyT
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 10:24:22 PM(UTC)
JudyT

I think it's a toss up between my Harry Potter quilt, the wedding quilt for my granddaughter and a baby quilt that has been hanging on a rack for about 4 years. A few years ago my granddaughter had a serious boyfriend and I could see the handwriting on the wall. She wanted a husband, house and kids.

She now has the husband and the house. And now a baby is coming, I'm going to be a great grandma. I saw this pattern at a sewing expo and had to make it for my great grandbaby hope chest. I love it. I do have a few others on the drawing board to make in the next several months.That baby will have quilts stacked to the ceiling! 

Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Quiltbaby
#52 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 10:36:44 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

So very previous Judy! Gonna be a much loved ,special, lucky little baby! Congrats to you and parents to be.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
cv quilter
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:47:38 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

Judy, that is adorable!  I have never seen that pattern and design, but it is wonderful!  Lots of applique and it's sew whimsical.  Love it!

Sharon
Threadbare
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:17:19 PM(UTC)
Threadbare

Too cute Judy.

FLORENCE
cv quilter
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:06:36 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Hey, Candis, looking at this fun thread that you started and seeing all the beautiful quilts from others, what is YOUR favorite quilt creation?  

Sharon
DonnaB
#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:28:30 PM(UTC)
DonnaB

Loving the beautiful quilts and the stories here ladies!

Judy, I remember when you were working on that baby quilt!  Something about the lollipop section was giving you fits so some re-designing was necessary, right?  And congrats on the Great on the way!  I have my second Great coming in November and have a baby quilt set aside for this one too. (Shayley tried to take possession when it was finished, but I explained it was for the next baby that was born in our family.  Now she'll be excited when she realizes it's for her new baby sister/brother!) I'll post a picture when I find it...LOL!

Donna B from North Central Washington State
Quiltbaby
#57 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:32:58 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

OK CV.  Here goes.  When I started quilting over 20 years ago, My Mother had just passed. She loved Quilts and had a beat up one from my Grandmother. She loved that thing. We buried it with her.   I did not sew, at all. I watched a Movie With Susan Seranden and Julia Roberts one day. Called the Step Mother. Anyway, Susan was dying from Cancer and wanted to leave something behind. She made beautiful Memory quilts for her two kids.  I got it in my head to make a quilt, who knows why????  I cut up my Moms favorite robe that I saved. I didnt have a clue what the heck I was doing or what to do with the pieces.  Long story short, I had to throw them away. What a waste.  I started researching Quilting, and going to Quilt shops. I saw a pattern in one shop.  If my Mom was alive she would have loved it. It was a Cathedral Window Quilt . Hard!!!!!! I didnt understand anything it said.  I vowed someday to be skilled enough to make one. So about 4 years ago, I finally took the plunge and made a Queen size one for my Older Sister. She adores Blues. So I made it in Blues. I kinda felt my Mom was with me the whole time I was making that Quilt. Felt amazing. I felt accomplished as a Quilter, I had finally done one that I felt was the measure of a good Quilter. I put that measure on myself. My personal goal.

In those previous years I practiced by making all my Co workers and employees and Siblings, and kids, and all family members Quilts. I would make one for my employees for their birthdays. I then started making quilts for the hospital raffle. We would pick a few families in the community for Christmas , raise money, then give to them. It was so much fun and gratifying. I also made Quilts for Quilts for kids Charity. I also fulfilled my love of Memory Quilts. I 've made over thirty for various family and friends.  I really dont like making them anymore. LOL...

When I make pieces now, I still feel my Moms adoration, and approval. Wish I could of been into quilting while she was alive, it would have brought her so much joy. I now shower Quilts on my Sister, She loves them just as much.   Here is my Long awaited Cathedral Window.

Candis
Nana bear
#58 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:48:09 PM(UTC)
Nana bear

Beautiful story and even more beautiful quilt

Deb whistle
Deb
Quilting and quilt retreats makes me happy!
DonnaB
#59 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:21:22 PM(UTC)
DonnaB

Beautiful QB, and I'm sure your Mom is busting with pride!!! 

Donna B from North Central Washington State
Quiltbaby
#60 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:45:26 PM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

Ahh thank you guys! Much appreciated. bigGrin

Candis
cv quilter
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 10:02:56 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

Thanks, Candis for posting your pic and your story.  Very sweet story, and beautiful quilt!  The blue and white...Wow!  It is just gorgeous!

Sharon
Teatime
#62 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:25:19 AM(UTC)
Teatime

Originally Posted by: Teatime Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Quiltbaby Go to Quoted Post
Marian, I love that quilt. Such pretty fabrics and colors. Creating awesome designs from HST . GREAT DESIGN. I may steal this pattern if you don't mind? I have a whole bag of HST. Just waiting to be used. Thank you for sharing.

Here is the YouTube video and it is in one of her Block magazines. Great as a large quilt or a throw. 

Looks like the link did not go through. It is called: Half Square Triangle Quilt Using the Four Seasons Block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L43Uc9H_RUA

Marian
Bonita
#63 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:09:02 AM(UTC)
Bonita

I,m enjoying reading all the wonderful stories and seeing the quilts that mean so much to you all. So much love goes into the quilts made for family, friends and some times for people we don't even know. Quilters are a great group of folks.

Bonita
Rss Feed  Atom Feed