Quilting Around The World
Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group Quilting Forum Quilt Group
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<293031
cv quilter
#631 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:39:10 AM(UTC)
cv quilter

happy ambitious hopeful

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Cosmocat12
#632 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 12:54:40 AM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Counting. The. Days. 

Tracey
Cosmocat12
#633 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 12:55:48 AM(UTC)
Cosmocat12

Question of The Week

Do you play cards?

Tracey
Veronica
#634 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 1:25:08 AM(UTC)
Veronica

I like to play solitaire card games on my kindle or laptop when I am taking a break.  Sometimes I will play a physical card game, but hubby is not always available and he would much rather there be more people to play games with.

Quiltbaby
#635 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 1:29:43 AM(UTC)
Quiltbaby

I play solitaire on my IPad almost every night in bed to get sleepy. Used to play Spades when younger. I do that now on iPad too. When my Mom was still living we would all play Skipbo, her favorite game. Sure miss those days.
A FRIEND IS WORTH A THOUSAND STITCHES!!

Candis
Leslie
#636 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 4:04:18 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Yes my hubby and I still !ove to play rummy and spades
Leslie
Mimi
#637 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 8:58:17 AM(UTC)
Mimi

I play solitaire on my iPad most every day when I take breaks from sewing or cleaning. DH and I used to play Gin Rummy but not anymore. Maybe that would be something to try again.  Although we've taken to doing 1000 piece puzzles together instead.

My heart is fed with needle and thread.
Bonita
#638 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 9:31:42 AM(UTC)
Bonita

I play solitaire on the computer and Go Fish and Old Maid with the DGDs. 

Bonita
mimi2jefftye
#639 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 9:33:17 AM(UTC)
mimi2jefftye

I love to play card games!  Some of my favorites are Hand n Foot, Progressive Rummy, Euchre, Cribbage, Nutsy, all forms of Solitaire and always willing to learn new versions of current games and new games alike.  Moving from RV park to RV park, you find that all the usual games are played but with little differences!

My sewing machine is calling me and today I hope to listen! Sally
Chelle
#640 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 9:45:07 AM(UTC)
Chelle

Aww, this brought up fond memories of playing cards at my grandparents house.  We use to play rummy, kings on the corner, and hearts.  They use to have friends come over and they would play other games with them.

I use to play solitare a lot, should play that on my kindle (trying to figure out games to have on there).  I play video black jack when in Las Vegas, does that count?  Oh my brother and I use to play War, and later I played it with Christian when he was little.

The card games occaionally played in this house are Cards against Humanity, Gubs, Unstable Unicorns, and Exploding Kittens.

As long as I'm breathin', there's no bad days.~ Alabama
dogsbody
#641 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 11:23:53 AM(UTC)
dogsbody

I love cribbage and canasta, but have no one to play with any more. So...I'm stuck with the card games on the computer, which isn't nearly as much fun.

cv quilter
#642 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 12:23:44 PM(UTC)
cv quilter

We used to play pinnacle and Gin Rummy with friends every weekend.  We also played Canasta.  Now...seems like solitaire on computer or I Pad is the way we go now.  I play Klondike Solitaire and am trying to get back into the Spider game.  I remember it was challenging.

Sharon
Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
Dorian
#643 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 2:14:17 PM(UTC)
Dorian

I play spider solitaire on the computer. Rummy with the big kids, sometimes Kings in the corner, Uno or Quiddler. My 5yo sometimes plays go fish with me, but he is more an outside doer, than a sit in the house and play games. lol

I,too, used to play card games with my Grandparents when they would come visit, we almost always played Uno.

Keep a smile in your heart :) Dorian
crzyquilter
#644 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 2:34:31 PM(UTC)
crzyquilter

Location: In The Land of the Lost, being held captive by the AZ Fabric Monster

I used to play all sorts of card games.  But hubby is not a card player, so I play cards on my phone, Kindle or lap top.  Sometimes I even play solitaire with real cards.

Deanne
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
loveslife
#645 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 3:09:08 PM(UTC)
loveslife

I love to play cards games, but would like to play more.

My MIL is an avid Hand n Foot (Canasta) player, and sometimes we play with her. We also play SkipBo, Five Crowns, Phase 10, different types of Rummy, and love to play Ruckus with the kids.

I do play games on my kindle, Chelle, Mobilityware is a good company for Solitaire, and I have recently discovered their Spider Solitaire which is a lot of fun.

Karen
I define happiness as a continuous, creative activity.
GloBug
#646 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 3:34:35 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Like most of you, I play Solitaire on my iPad.  My MIL used to play Solitaire with a real set of cards, she always had a game going.  Recently, I bought myself some cards and used them to play Solitaire...I really like the feeling of shuffling the cards, distributing them and turning them over to play the game.  I think my dislike for actual card game came when I was a little kid and my older cousin asked me if I wanted to play "52 Pick-Up".  I was so excited that he was asking me to play a card game with him but imagine my disappointment when he flicked all the cards onto the ground and told me to "pick them up".    

When our kids were younger, we didn't play card games but more board games like Monoply and Clue. 

quiltertess
#647 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 3:52:02 PM(UTC)
quiltertess

Used to play poker with my former inlaws. Current in-laws like to play pinochle, and we've had lots of fun games.
The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.
EvelynB
#648 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 12:40:56 AM(UTC)
EvelynB

I love to play cards. But I'm extrem lay competitive and a poor winner. So I seldom play cards, opting for something with more luck than skill. I'm a retired math teacher and have a group of eight fellow retirees over monthly for lunch and games. We chose the dice game Farkle to avoid getting our egos involved.
Evelyn
JudyT
#649 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 12:56:14 AM(UTC)
JudyT

I love any kind of games, cards, dice or board games. Don’t really care if I win or loose, just enjoy playing. I get together with lifelong friends every month and play various games. Also have quite a few on my iPad.
Judy in the Pacific Northwest
Rss Feed  Atom Feed